OFF: Freeedom of Speech

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Feb 13 13:40:12 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 17:27 +0000, M Holmes wrote:
> Jean Lansford writes:
>
> >  From: M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
>
> > >It may not be the case that Islam is more choc-full of this type of
> > >person than other religions, but the press they're getting of late is
> > >certainly making it look that way.  It's well past time for the sane
> > >Muslims to rein in their loonies.
>
> > And for the Christians to rein in theirs (*koff*Robertson*koff*) and
> > for the Republicans to rein in theirs.
>
> No argument from me on that one, though at least they're only saying
> "Believe the world is only 6000 years old or we'll do more
> line-dancing."

Well, it might not have made the news in Blighty, but amongst the other
whacky things Pat Robertson has spewed forth is a call for the Head of
State of Venezuela to be assassinated by US Special Forces.  (Having
said that, it does sound to me more humane than being sentenced to a
lifetime of line dancing.:)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu