OFF: Freeedom of Speech - Time Out?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 14 14:05:06 EST 2006

Jill Strobridge writes:

> Ey-up folks.   This is a really interesting discussion but now it's reached
> 5 screenfulls per message can we ease up a bit before it turns into an
> endless tit-for-tat where people simply exchange their increasingly
> entrenched points of view rather than offering any new arguments?   Most of
> the important points have, I think, been raised and their endless
> reiteration would IMO defeat any benefits gained from this exchange so far.
> Thank you all.
>
> It's even possible that there are Hawkwind announcements awaiting that
> haven't been able to get a look in 'cos they would have been swamped!

I think you can safely assume that Hawkwind won't use an "OFF" keyword
for an announcement.

We've been pretty good about using the OFF tag and your software should
be able to ensure you miss messages marked thus.

I should say that I'm extremely heartened that we can discuss something
like this without descending into the kind of slaggin matches I've seen
on the subject elsewhere. Gentlemen: it's a pleasure to disagree with you!

FoFP