OFF: Freeedom of Speech

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 14 15:32:49 EST 2006

Paul Mather writes:

> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 19:31 +0000, trev wrote:
> > I thought about publishing the cartoons on Real Festival Music to show
> > solidarity with the free press.  I am ashamed to say that I have not done so
> > for fear of the Islamic murderers. I am truly ashamed.

> Sorry to hear of your deep shame, Judge Trev.  Maybe you can persuade
> the Real Festival Music Web site to publish some articles denying the
> Holocaust ever happened.  After all, the Germans say you can't do that,

The folks who called us on that are absolutely right. It's a bullshit
law. The way to deal with the retards who deny the Holocaust is to argue
with them, not jail them for speaking what passes for their minds.

> and they'll arrest you in Germany if you do.  You should stand up for
> free speech and show them what for!  (I know, standing up to Germany is
> not as fashionable as standing up to Iran

ObPython: Is this where I get to mention the war?

> But wait, you say, that Holocaust denial stuff has been proven in court
> to be a load of rubbish, so why should I help disseminate such nonsense
> and cause offence to loads of Holocaust survivors into the bargain?

Nope. Let Irvine and his cronies have at it.

> That's easy, I'm told: because someone says you can't, and when that
> happens you have to "stand up for the principle of free speech" because
> the next thing you know they'll be stopping you from "airing both sides
> of the argument" and teaching Intelligent Design in science classes.

> Stupid, isn't it?

I'm confused: you left out the part I disagree with?

FoFP