OFF: Freeedom of Speech

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 20 04:22:00 EST 2006

> I guess if they really wanted to toady out of fear, they'd append "(peace
be upon him)" after every mention of the term "The Prophet Mohammed..." ;-)

According to one source, they once did. I don't have time to verify that so
take it as you like.

> What next, though, gripes that they're calling Burma Myanmar and Peking
> Beijing these days?  Some people are just too sensitive...

Do I sense sensitivity to criticism of a hallowed British institution? The
BBC are not unaware of it and perhaps they still have some chromium heros.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/4696668.stm