TBS: Ms. Wisconsin and Oh, there's Henry

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Tue Feb 21 15:39:01 EST 2006

Hey, folks.

Just got DoD last Friday.  It's working its way into my brain.  As others
have noted, this album definitely has more of a consistent overall sound
than the previous ones, with the guitars that go >crunch<.  But not only
is it consistant, it's consistently _good_. :-)

Unlike many Surgeons albums, there's no a capella-messing-around song,
which I have to admit, inevitably crack me up.  ("Naked if I Want To"--always
sounds great in the shower. ;-))

But the heavy sound is working for me on this album.  There's a couple of
tracks that ain't there yet, but I'll give 'em time.

So, two questions for Albert, if he'll have them:
  1) Was the original chorus for Swansöng something like,
       "Here comes Ms. Wisconsin"

  2) What was Henry's cue-dropper of a song?  We Gotta Get Outta
         This Place? ;-)

                                        m@

P.S. Where is Henry now?  http://www.smallworldstudios.com/
     Oh, rhetorical question...right...I knew that...  No, I did.  Really...