HW: another (fan) cover!

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jan 2 19:57:11 EST 2006

Inspired by Jade Man's ritualising and Tom Byrne's cover things, I
sat down with Apple's GarageBand for 24 hours (well, not counting
sleep, food, slackness, etc.) and bashed up a cover of Hawkwind's
"Hassan I Sabha" (aka "Assassins of Allah"):

http://www.carlaz.com/music/Hassan_I_Sabha.mp3

192kbps, so might be a bit slow on the downloading side .....
It's rough, but good fun :)  I wasn't attempting to capture any
authentic vibe; rather I was just seeing how it came out with the
tools at hand.  I guess it kind of follows the original, with a bit
of influence from HW's contemporary versions, and a desperate attempt
to make up for the lack of violin which I really would have
wanted :)  I used free drum and synth loops, reused any bits of
guitar and bass that I didn't screw up, and cut'n'pasted OK bits to
try and gloss over the *many* places I did screw up ... at least,
until I got tired of doing so :)

I haven't actually linked this from my web site because, besides it
being a cover of copyrighted material (though obviously I'm not
selling anything), I, uh, used a few samples I scrounged from various
places totally without permission :)  But hey, theft, so it goes :)

Rock on,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson