H.W. @ E. Haze & Tim Blake

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jul 25 12:47:43 EDT 2006

alan day writes:

> Oh yeah...the security were the toughest (putting it very
> mildly) bunch of nasties I've encountered in a good whike!!

I saw them checking in people's wallets and stuff. In the end I decided
to always go to this one guy with my bag open, listing items: "camera;
mp3 player'; toilet roll; water..."

Eventually he got used to it and I got down to "The usual..." and he'd
just glance in my bag and wave me through.

My guess is that the festie wants an easy licence next year and
instructed the security to be polite but firm, which was pretty much how
it was except for the occasional prat who made a swearing match out of
it.

For my money I reckon that once their bar runs out of real ale, it
should be fair game to bring in your own, but there it is.

> Very luckily, I
> read the small A4 sized notice Oon the caravan athte gate to the Arena. Many
> others didnt. I saw one guy have his 12g pack of bacci gone through. They
> found his stash. I was searched VERY THOUROUGHLY each time. I said to one
> guy that i thought it was too excessive....he said,"they hired us 'cos we're
> the best!

As far as I could tell, it'd have been easy to place a package under the
fence from the outside, out of sight of security, and then go collect it
once inside.

The whole country knows that we can't even keep drugs out of prison, and
they have total control there. It's impossible to stop any mildly
determined person from getting something into a festie without going for
the whole Stalag 13 setup they have at Glasters, and that is VERY VERY
expensive.

Good festie, but they badly need the Germans to teach them how to deal
with the toilets. Hoover 'em, hose 'em and polish 'em every hour, 24/7.
It's the only way, and I know more people who won't come to festivals
because of the toilets than for any other reason. If they want profits,
they gotta shovel some shit.

FoFP