HW: OFF: Bedouin release, Roadburn...

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 29 20:40:45 EDT 2006

  Hi Folks...

  Below is the announcement from Voiceprint for the upcoming Beduoin live CD.  It also mentions a new studio album to come.  Is that something previously recorded with the old guitarist, or something from the "new" band (forget the name already), I wonder?

  Also, by request from Walter at Roadburn, who has his own online 'zine in addition to the annual festival, I've written a 'Cosmic Tour Guide' to Space Rock, which is now available at http://www.roadburn.com/frames.html by clicking on 'Overview' and then 'Read More' under the proper heading.  Note that it is broken up into three sections (link to parts two and three at the top of each page, in sequence), as I tend to go on at some length.  Most of you might not learn much here, but perhaps if you've got time to kill...

  Also, let me know if there are any factual errors.  It was all written from virtual memory.  As far as I can remember.

  Grakkl

  Bedouin - Extremely Live 2003

  Catalogue number: HAWKVP37CD
  Release date: 18/09/2006
  Format: CD
  Label: Hawk

  1. Demons In Denial
2. Elric The Enchanter Part 2
3. One Moon Circles
4. Ancient Light
5. Sword of the East
6. Rock Palace
7. Wings
  8. Chasing The Dragon
9. As Above So Below
10. Vision Quest
11. LSD

  Bedouin was the band founded by long time Hawkwind bassist Alan Davey. The drummer in the band was Danny Thompson jr. also another member of the Hawkwind family having played drums for the band on a number of releases and tours.
  The band was named following the release of Davey’s debut solo album Bedouin in 2003. The album was recorded and released during a short break from Hawkwind by Alan Davey. Having released the album the band hit the road on tour. The band wee dubbed alternatively a Psychedelic Motorhead or a straight ahead rock band with Arabic influences. Whatever the description the band were a popular attraction on the live circuit.

  This live album was recorded in 2003 and features the full set from the band which is loaded with Hawkwind favourites including Urban Guerrilla, Orgone Accumulator, Sonic Attack and Silver Machine.

  This previously unreleased live album will be followed by another studio album from Bedouin. In the meantime Alan Davey continues to be a core member of Hawkwind and has taken part in the recent successful albums released by the band and has also contributed to the forthcoming album from Hawkwind in the summer of 2006.
  Extremely Live 2003 will no doubt appeal to fans of Bedouin but also the large and devoted Hawkwind fan base which stretches across the world ...and beyond.