Off:RIP:Vince Welnick

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Wed Jun 7 10:50:12 EDT 2006

Cyberkrel <deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM> writes:
>Jeezussssssssssssssss...................
>playing keyboards for the Grateful Dead hs got to go down in history as the
>riskiest job in music - Ron Pigpen Mckernan, Keith Godchaux, Brent Mydland,
>Vince Welnick - 30 years of G Dead keys players - all deceased!!!
>Bizarre.

Sadly, Vince appears to have aced himself.  It wasn't the first time he'd
tried it.  Devastated by Jerry Garcia's passing, he'd been wrestling with
drug addition and inner demons for years.  And just when the Tubes were
gonna get back at it, too...  Sigh.

					m@

ObCD: Missing Man Formation

+-mbraun at urbana.css.mot.com-+--Experiments that failed too many times -----BOC+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    Transformations that were too hard to find   |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre | Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride|
+Simulation Technology Team-+--- I'm after rebellion--I'll settle for lies. --+