R.I.P Vince Welnick

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Wed Jun 7 13:31:00 EDT 2006

As one who saw many a Dead show over the years, I can attest that ( at least
for myself ) Vince was a breath of fresh air when he took the dreaded
keyboard bench for the Dead.
I thought Vince injected some freshness, and I know it must have been
similar for the band members, cause they seemed to be getting into some
genuinely spirited moments, and not just running through the usual schtick(
sometimes). Besides the Tubes, who were beloved in San Francisco, Welnick
had a pretty decent relationship with Todd Rundgren just prior to joining
the Dead ( or around that time ( and played some very nice passages  on Some
Rundgren cuts ( as well as touring with him one year ).

Mike Burro