Off:RIP:Vince Welnick

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Jun 8 10:19:37 EDT 2006

On 07/06/2006 15:50, Matthew Braun wrote:
> Sadly, Vince appears to have aced himself.  It wasn't the first time he'd
> tried it.

No, as I recall I tried to kill himself whilst on tour with Ratdog about
6 months or so after Jerry died.  Weir pretty much freaked, as I
understand it, and that's probably what kept Vince out of The Other
Ones/The Dead reunions.  Vince's shows with Phil came later. I'm pretty
sure I remember some Phil shows from early '98 that had Vince on them,
and then the Other Ones tour was that summer. I think Vince's solo band
did a couple of shows on the tour, but he wasn't in the Other Ones
lineup ... though, come to think of it, Steve Kimock came out of MMF and
into the Other Ones lineup!

Cheers,
Carl

--