HW BOC gig at manchester academy

Tim Hall tim at KALYR.COM
Sat Jun 10 18:23:52 EDT 2006

john-paul wrote:

> i can't believe that after seeing all the amazing pics of roadburn
> and indeed astoria that the hawks once again insist on playing this
> god awful venue. the stage is too small and the ceiling is too low
> for a good lightshow. its like only getting half of what you pay for,
> oh almost forgot, and its in lancashire.

Hey, you're dissing my local venue!!  I saw Queensryche there only last
weekend

Have to agree with you on the low ceiling.  I have very bad memories of
being dazzled by Marillion's lightshow last year.  Academy 2 is better
height-wise, but suffers from awful sound.  Wish Manchester has a decent
venue of that sort of capacity.

Anyone going to the BOC at Academy 3 on 22 July?