It's about damn time

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Mon Jun 12 18:39:54 EDT 2006

There's nothing good about this.
This model will likely only be applied to huge stars such as those
mentioned.  The likes of Madonna, Elton John etc. who are, shall we say,
not short of a bob or two.  The result is that these folk, and
ticketmaster, simply make even more money out their fans.
The method at Glastonbury may have been flawed (measures such as
releasing tickets in batches or holding tickets back for mail order may
have helped those without broadband or who couldn't manage to keep track
of when the tickets were due to go on sale), but this auction tactic
only serves to make gigs the province of the wealthy.  And touts are
still buying and reselling them anyway.
Mind you, looking at the list of bands mentioned maybe people wanting to
see 'em derserve what they get.

Nick