HW: Latest Voiceprint blurb...

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Jun 15 06:00:40 EDT 2006

On 15/06/2006 08:42, Kenneth Magnusson wrote:
> I got the Vid Out of the Shadows yesterday, wastly disappointed with the
> sound but then, it's a 5.1 sound in a mono-tv set :(
> How does it sound when You got the "real thing"?

I wouldn't know, having had the same problem when I rented it!

I'm kind of surprised that there wasn't an option for stereo sound.  I'm
sure we'll all have 5.1 or something eventually, but the standard for
music DVDs at present seems to be at least supply audio in stereo, if
not make it the default option.  If one's going to go to the trouble of
mixing 5.1, how hard could it be to do a stereo mix, too?  It's not like
there's no space on the disc!

Other than only having 5.1, though, it seemed a pretty good concert vid :)

Cheers,
Carl (who looks forward to someday hearing the 5.1 track on _The
Grateful Dead Movie_ DVDs, though the new stereo mix is pretty good!).

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:cea at carlaz.com
http://www.carlaz.com/