Hawkwind live at the 11th Roadburn Festival is available on demand

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Jun 16 05:08:17 EDT 2006

On 11/05/2006 21:05, hawk lord wrote:
> Hawkwind live at the 11th Roadburn Festival is available on demand
> -here's the
> direct link to the on demand webcast:
> http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/player/audio.jsp?audionumber=28266607
> Dave Brock has remixed the recordings especially for the webcast -it's
> 74 minutes of
> pure spacerock mayhem...
> Enjoy it!

Just listening to this on the iPod again, and the music is still holding
up for me.  I have to admit I was skeptical when I first read Scott
Heller's rave review of the concert on this list -- I go through cycles
every few years of thinking that, this time, at last, surely, HW have
finally lost it ... again -- but the proof is in the playing.  Is this
not the best "Right Stuff" in a long while?  It's certainly the best I
remember off-hand.  The little reinvention of the arrangement in the
last few minutes is fab.  Kicks a lot of life into a 32-year-old song :)

Plus, as far as I can tell, I see the RealAudio stream still seems to be
up and running at the originally posted address.  So, if HW decided not
to try to take it down, good choice.  This is as good a away to attract
new (or re-attract old) fans as I can think of.  Bring on the official
release!

Cheers,
Carl

--