test

Moorcock's Miscellany multiverse.org at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 17 13:32:36 EDT 2006

September 19, 2005 Chris Owen wrote to this list:

"I dont post all that often, but I felt I had to reply.
Firstly, let me say this is MY reply and I dont pretend
to speak for anyone else here, this is entirely my
opinion. I posted for about 2 years on the Moorcock site
then without warning my IP address and in fact most of
British columbia suddenly got cut off from being able
to visit the site altogether. No warnings or explanations
or temporary bans no replies or technical help, nothing
just total disconnection with no explanation or appeals.
So be warned if you dont fit in with this persons
very limited, narrow minded, intolerant, dictatorial
views you will find yourselves permanently cut off from this
list if it amalgamted.
I would also add that I have been and remain a life long
fan of Michael Moorcock's books, especially the 6 books of Corum.
So you can imagine that this axxhxxx caused quite some distress,
and it is well beyond my mental abilities to fathom his reasons
considering what Mike Moorcock and his life long work
has stood for.

Chris Owen"

Chris never really explained to anyone why this might have happened and I'm
ready to talk about it after several years of silence.  I speak now,
because I am concerned for the privacy of those would wander over the
Chris's forum.  Chris wrote multiple messages to Michael Moorcock at the old
old version of multiverse.org (pre-2003), wherein one of those messages he
wrote personal information.  He later came to regret that and rudely
demanded that it be removed.  Then he began to hold me responsible for
Google picking up his personal information and demanded in an even more rude
manner that I expunge information from Google, something totally out of my
control.  He used harrassing public messages at multiverse.org, messages to
my multiple email addresses and communication with Michael Moorock and
communication with ISPs to pressure me into managing his public statements.
As soon as he began freaking out, we expunged his personal statements from
multiverse.org, but he continued to freak out and attempt to insinuate
himself as a kind of social manager over me and others.  I accidentally
restored his message of interest and was subject to an even more vicious
campaign of abuse, and I decided to expunge every single message and I was
forced to deny his ISP from multiverse.org and he mounted a campaign to gain
access.  I was forced to deny access to an entire geographical region in
Canada (a specific ISP) to protect myself and the site from Chris Owen's
wierd demands.  I have filtered all of his various email addresses to my
spam folder because of the abuse he was directing to me.  He was invited to
be a guest at the site under a single condition:  I must never be able to
discover his identity.  This ensured that no other person could deduce who
he was thusly protecting his personal information.  Since that offer, he
directed abuse to Michael and I, and I was able to detect his identity by
his email address.  I have no idea what this dude's damage is, and it is
obvious that he has no concept of what it means to use The Internet with his
real name.

Now to address my immeadiate concern:  he's hosting a site, but doesn't have
any concept of how to preserve your private information or his own.  I also
fear that some of you would be subject to his wierd social manipulations
should you have  a falling out over his kindom of threads.  He can see your
IP addresses, but has no idea how to even protect himself from his own
public messages.  How could anyone be secure under his wing?  I do not know
who he really is and I have nothing personal against him.  I actively
protected his privacy during his abuse and those who frequent
multiverse.orgknow that I have gone to my utmost to preserve privacy
for everyone.  I am
transparent about how I operate the site and there was a falling out with a
couple of our friends over the preservation of privacy.

Can you say the same of Chris Owen?  Let my four years of not publicly
addressing Chris Owen in any forum be my bond.  I have serious concerns for
my friends here and at multiverse.org.  I don't have time for an endless
debate with Chris, so please understand that I won't reply to anything he
posts to this list.  Furthermore, I will not debate this multiverse.org.
There's been enough nastiness over this.  I've finally defended myself and
that is enough for me.

Thanks,
Berry

--
Visit Moorcock's Miscellany to participate in community driven projects and
conversations, and read the latest news about Michael Moorcock and the up