OFF: ozrics

Mike Montfort mike.montfort at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 20 22:37:23 EDT 2006

Alan Taylor wrote:
> Over in The Other Place... Mike Montfort said
>

> Ozric Tentacles.
> Played a little club in Troy NY tonight called Revolution Hall.
> Attenence was abysmal - maybe 25 people. However the show was smoking
> hot. I know they played Swoosh and Live Throbbe, otherwise I have no
> clue, I didn't stick around to steal a set list. Four person band, Ed,
> a drummer, bass player and woman keyboardist. It was really the Ed
> show, showcasing his mighty guitar. ALL of the swirly stuff was
> handled by pre recorded tape loops, but that was ok. It was total
> blanga, wall of sound rhythm section and killer guitar. So I think
> this bodes well for Nearfest, I for one was worried as the reviews
> from Europe of the stripped down OT were not to glowing.
I think the bottom line Arin is if you have seen them in years past this
will be more of a disappointment.  The keyboardist is Mrs Ed Ive found out.

However for those that have never seen them, it is a treat.  It's mostly
guitar now and its really blanga screaming stuff.

Mike Montfort

--
No trees were harmed in the production of this e-mail; however, a huge number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.