OFF: Ozrics

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jun 21 05:25:38 EDT 2006

On 21/06/2006 10:09, SHLL (Scott Heller) wrote:
> I have the new Ozrics CD and it is even more sequenced and electronic
> than before. Live drums on 5 of 9 tracks and only real bass on two
> tracks. The sound and many of the tracks are still very very cool but
> the band vibe is gone and it is no longer rock music really as Ed does
> not play guitar throughout even a single track. The tracks are run based
> on electronic sequences and he plays guitar when he feels like it. I
> think the band we used to know of as Ozric Tentacles is gone but Ed's
> vision of Electronic music lives...

Bizarre that the last album was like that, yet that the live shows in
the States get described as wall of blanga and screaming guitar.  Sounds
like some musical schizo action (or perhaps just indecision) is going on
in Ed's head.  (You'd think he could at least play the bass parts on the
album himself!)

> PS: Just saw the First band from Outer Space, a great Hawkwind inspired
> band from Sweden. Their new CD is out now and highly recommended. The
> band played The Right Stuff and Hurry on Sundown at the concert.. Great
> but short set..

Sounds cool -- I googled for the web site, but it seemed to be having
hiccups and wouldn't let me in.  They got any downloadable live audio or
studio samples?

Cheers,
Carl

--