HW: Big announcement???

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Mar 27 10:22:52 EST 2006

On 27/03/2006 15:37, Iain Ferguson wrote:
> Ohhhh  everyone seems to bash one of my favourite Albums...

;)

> I love ITBOTFTOB, it was a great departure and fantastic Live when the
> band were a 3 piece...
> I shouldn't like it, but i do and have loved all the dance, Synth stuff
> the band have subsequently done, and firmly hope that there is an
> Awesome Album yet to come out of this material by the band.

Ah, well, I'm freely identify myself as belonging to the camp that
doesn't see dance/techno/electronica as a strong point of Hawkwind's
current (and semi-current ;) lineups.  Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of
electronica stuff anyway, but I find HW more convincing when they're
putting down the blanga.  Or, to put it another way, I think there are
artists who do electronica better than HW, but I anyone has been able to
consistently out-blanga them.

> I didn't mind distant horizons , but agree, it seemed half baked, and
> needed another cooking before it came out....

Though the good Mr. Tree gave every indication of being fully baked and
at least as cooked as anyone needs to be ;)

Cheers,
Carl

ps - I should really prefix _XC_ to my statement about "HW albums since
1990 which have at least a couple of good tracks on them".  I mean, "War
I Survived" may be almost "Hawkwind-by-numbers", but it still gets my
head noddin' every time :)  As it should, really!

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:cea at carlaz.com
http://www.carlaz.com/