album slagging

pete howe sunboxhouse at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 27 11:06:49 EST 2006

Yes, i agree..but i think the starfarers website reviews of their studio
albums gives a pretty good indication of the  "general" view of each Hw
album(some healthy praising and some healthy slagging to be noted
there!)..It would be pretty shallow to sit there and say "everything they do
is great because i love this band".-I cant see that Hw will ever play many
songs from DH at gigs again,for example...(instr. version of love in space
excepted).And of course people will like different albums for different
reasons..
Ive been a fan since 1974, and yes,I admire the way theyre contantly
evolving..and many tracks post 1990 HAVE been real gems, particularly on
Electric Tepee, and TMTYL.I think Mr davey was also sorely missed on D.H.,
but having said that, " hippy" from the part studio cd "in your area" is IMO
a very under-rated HW classic track..
  I think most HW fans KNOW the classic albums..and theres nothing wrong
with healthy debate..or commenting on the merits of albums, and their
strengths and weaknesses...A lot of praising, AND a lot of "slagging"as you
call it, or comments.. abounded when TMTYL came out...thats surely in the
nature of fans of bands when a new release comes out and it does or doesnt
live up to expectations.
     As for live albums ...."Bring me the head of Yuri Gagarin" is never far
from my turntable ;-)