album slagging

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Mar 27 11:28:28 EST 2006

Quoting Iain Ferguson <iainferguson at AOL.COM>:

> Pardon,
>
> does this include Choose your Masks, surely there is an exception to the
> rule here.
>
> Its complete tosh, completely horrid 80's mixing gone horribly wrong
> with nasty gated effected drums that sound like an Roland 808 drum
> machine put through the tumble drier... Yuk yuk yuk,  and I love martin
>   griffins drumming. but on this it's almost more leaded than D.
> Thompson Junior...
>
> I'll duck now ahead of the lone Choose your masks fan throwing a dart at me.

<sound of dart being thrown>

I like Choose Your Masques quite a bit (though I admit I didn't like it at all
at first).  Then again, I'm that weirdo who thinks Club Ninja isn't all that
bad either.  I haven't listend to Distant Horizons since it first came out, but
I know I thought it was awful then.  I guess I'll give it another listen.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"Dark Star crashes pouring its light into ashes. Reason tatters, the forces