BOC: Club Ninja (was Re: album slagging)

blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Mar 28 14:58:19 EST 2006

I wrote:
> > Now here's the trick...which two are the cheesiest? If you asked
> > around here, I bet every song on the album would get named at least
> > once. ;-)

Tim replied:
> What, even Perfect Water (which they still do live)?

I like it too. In fact, it's my favorite track on Club Ninja. But knowing BOC-L, there has to be someone here who can't stand it.

> Beat 'em up, and Make Rock Not War, with the other covers not far
> behind.

OK, I change one vote from When the War Comes to Make Rock Not War. That one's so bad I had completely forgotten about it.

Buck's original stuff is good.  Don't have the album with me; is
> there any contribution from Eric on that one?

Shadow Warrior. I'm not sure of any others.

> I never get what people hate so much about Madness to the Method.

The chorus annoys me to no end. Or rather the shouts in the chorus. As for the rest of it, it feels like Buck "going through the motions."

Brian