album slagging

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Mar 29 04:46:38 EST 2006

On 29/03/2006 05:36, Deborah Vacano wrote:
> We have most Hawkwind.. but ..we lost count with the live or comp albums..
> (those are null and void as far as what I was personally referring too..)

There are a lot of dodgy live releases -- dodgier on sound quality than
playing, perhaps, on many.  But I would count live or partially-live,
albums among my faves: _Space Ritual_!  And HotMG and Palace Springs
each have mix of live and studio.  _Live Chronicles_!

(Though I would happily replace Palace Spring's "Acid Test" with a
decent live version of "Out of the Shadows", maybe from the Bedrock TV
performance, and though I don't dislike "Back in the Box" as much as
some, I could see my way clear to instead representing the Bridget-era
with a good live version of "Images", which IMO, was the best thing on
_Space Bandits_).

But, yes, I know we're probably really talking about in the innumerable
dodgy live compilations with titles like "Hawkwind Live Classics" that
turn out to be a mix of Text of Festival and Acid Daze bits and bobs ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson