BOC: Richie

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Wed Mar 29 12:04:05 EST 2006

> > It makes me hope BOC is doing another album, and that Richie is involved
> > in the creative process.  I think he could really bring a new spark to
> > things.
>
> [OT]  I remember when David Ragsdale joined Kansas and I kept hoping for
> the same thing, as he was a great violinist, and seemed to be giving them a
> kick in the ass.  A few years went by and they put out a sub-par album with
> him in the band (Freak of Nature, including a song co-written by Kerry
> Livgren).

But to take another example, Steve Morse did tremendous good to Deep Purple,
at least on the "Purpendicular" album which was absolutely amazing. I didn't
like the follow-up to that all that much (although admittedly I might not
have given it enough spins) and I haven't heard anything after that, so I'm
not sure how they've kept up, but that one album... great stuff.

As for "Freak of nature", I haven't heard it in quite some time, but I did
like it when it came out.

> Yet the stuff Livgren is
> doing now with Proto-Kaw is fantastic.

I need to get my hands on more Proto-Kaw stuff. I only have the first album,
which has some really cool material on it.

Alex (big Kansas fan).
Progressive rock : prog.xrs.net / rip.xrs.net