[OT] Deep Purple and Kansas (Was: BOC: Richie)

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Wed Mar 29 15:10:04 EST 2006

> > As for "Freak of nature", I haven't heard it in quite some time, but I
> > did like it when it came out.
>
> I did too, but I think that was more because it was finally a new Kansas
> album.

Haha, yeah, that certainly was a factor for me too.

> Do you mean the album of pre-Kansas stuff on Cuneiform?  I like that too,
> but the new stuff is VERY different.  The old stuff was almost
> Canterbury-esque. The new stuff is more "standard" symphonic progressive,
> with some jazzy twists here and there.  But I like it a lot.

Yeah, the pre-Kansas stuff. I'll have to give the newer material a listen,
sounds interesting anyway.

Alex.
Progressive rock : prog.xrs.net / rip.xrs.net