No subject

Neil Toyne neiltoyne at NTLWORLD.COM
Wed May 17 13:55:52 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,
Best to start by navigating to the webcast first and stopping the streaming
(i.e. press the stop button).  Start the Nero StartSmart and click on "Nero
Wave Editor", then click on the yellow/red/white roundel record button in
the left of the bottom section of the wave editor window.  This opens a
"Sample Format Settings" window from which you can choose the sample rate
and bit depth of the recording.  Click OK when done. The recording console
then opens.  Clicking on the record button on here starts the recording of
whatever is going through the sound card.  DO NOT click on OK or cancel -
just leave this window open. Now click on play on the webcast and sit back
for 74 minutes.  When the webcast has finished, click on OK in the recording
console window, this then closes and the file is displayed in the main wave
editor window.  You can edit from here or you can simply save it (via the
usual file/save as routine) in whatever format you like as a single file - I
opted for this latter option.  Hope this helps - and sorry if I've
over-egged the detail, I've been teaching ICT to some, erm, reluctant kids

Oh, and by the way, turn off all other sources of noise that could spoil the
recording such as the sounds that notify the arrival of email, or the
opening of other programmes or whatever BEFORE you start - experience says
that you will receive an email seventy one minutes into the
recording...............

Cheers,

Neil