BOC-L Digest - 15 May 2006 to 16 May 2006 (#2006-109)

Mike Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Fri May 19 17:08:15 EDT 2006

Quoting BOC-L automatic digest system <LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>:
> Date:    Mon, 15 May 2006 21:06:33 +0100
> From:    Charlie Grant <grinningboy at NTLWORLD.COM>
> Subject: BOC: More cowbell - this weeks NME
>
> BOC get a mention in this weeks New Musical Express.
> In a review of a Sunshine Underground gig (".....The Sunshine Underground
> are suddenly transformed into the whooshing electro-rock monster that they
> always had in them to become")
> I quote - "The cowbell is a curious instrument. Once the sole preserve of
> either denim clad
> '70s hairballs (check out Free's 'All Right Now' and Blue Oyster Cult's
> mighty 'DFtR')"
> I didn't know there was a cowbell in All Right Now - but who cares when the
> NME
> calls BOC mighty :-)))))

* Charlie, I hate to butt in but the signs are that your ears are not
unclothlike. Simon Kirke goes:
DOP KIK DOPPA KIK DA DOP KIK DOPPA KIK
all the way through the intro, and as far as I know each of those KIKs
is a cowbell.

But for mega-cowbell, Corky Laing on Mississippi Queen is the big one!
Is he still playing with Mountain? I'll find out on Wednesday!

- Mike Godwin

n.p. Travlin in the Dark, can't see a thing, travlin in the DARK [la
la, la-la la LA, li la la-la LA la-la LA LAH!] - Mountain