How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue May 23 10:36:46 EDT 2006

On 23/05/2006 12:22, Paul Mather wrote:
> I actually found that you can get rid of everything after the
> "surestream.rm" part and it will still work.  In other words, use just
> "rtsp://streams.omroep.nl/vpro/28266607/surestream.rm" as the stream
> URL.

Yup, that seems to be working, too.  (My first go got interrupted, so I
had to restart anyway ....)

How big does the HW Roadburn .rm work out to be?  My instance of mplayer
doesn't seem to be counting out percentages to let me know how it's
doing, but the "Hawkwind_Roadburn_2006.rm" in its directory is dutifully
getting larger.  I'm capturing _something_ .... :)

(Some googling also suggested to me that the command-line version of
mplayer is buried deep within with the bundled .app (as I might have
guessed, really, if I hadn't been rushed), so I might have a go at that
back home, too.)

> I also found that by changing the number between the "vpro/" and
> "/surestream.rm" parts in the URL you can capture other streams from the
> festival.  For example, use 28245063 as the id to listen to the rather
> tasty Bevis Frond set (featuring Bari Watts in the lineup).  I'll post
> the other stream ids (for Orange Goblin, Gorilla, etc.) when I finish
> making a list of them.

Groovy!

Cheers,
Carl