How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed May 24 07:58:56 EDT 2006

On 24/05/2006 12:01, pete howe wrote:
 > but i did note people say they were already designing cd covers for
 > it!

You know, I always used to make my own CD covers for live downloads back
when I kept things in jewel cases. (Discs live in binders now, alas!)
Heck when I collected Grateful Dead casettes as a teenager (before I
even owned a CD or computer) I made my own decorated cassette inserts by
hand!  Of course I never sold the recordings.  It goes without saying.
That would have violated to spirit of what was going on.  In any case, I
think it's *quite* an leap to assume that fans here are making CD case
inserts because they want to sell things illegally!

It's clear that fans and the band do not always see eye-to-eye on these
kinds of issues.  But I don't think _anyone_ here on BOC-L wants to do
anything to damage the band.  (And even if they did, I don't think they
would publically *announce* it!)  I think if fans aren't assumed to be
The Enemy, things tend to work out very well indeed.  Everyone here
wants Hawkwind to do well and make great music, after all.

On 24/05/2006 12:34, pete howe wrote:
 > Well, the hawkwind management team have commented in agreement now..and
 > quite rightly, ..it looks like they wont be doing it again..

Hawkwind is perfectly entitled to provide a free version of their music
to fans and then complain when the fans want to actually listen to it.
It seems contradictory and counterproductive to me, but Hawkwind are
entitled to do things that seem contradictory and counterproductive.
I'm entitled to think they're making a mistake -- but they're entitled
to make it.  Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson