Hawkwind live at the 11th Roadburn Festival is available on demand

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu May 25 12:25:51 EDT 2006

On 12/05/2006 13:41, Jeff Thompson wrote:
> I'm another BOC fanatic checking in to say, this is great stuff.  I
> shamefully am completely bereft of Hawkwind exposure.  I think I have a new band to
> fall in love with.

Strangely enough, I got into Hawkwind some 13 years ago (eek!) when I
joined BOC-L as a BOC fan, and wondered "Who the heck are the Hawkwind
people?".  Well, there was no streaming audio in 1993 :) but some folks
made me some cassettes and ... Oh dear, I was hooked! :)

Made it to Paradox in the Roadburn set now.  Whoa!  Even a jaded beggar
like me is way getting blown away! :)  The bits of piano coming into
various songs in the set have been giving me _Hall of the Mountain
Grill_ vibes (always one of my favorite albums), and then "Paradox"
really rams it home.  Nice one!  I think the vocals are sometimes a
little high in the mix, but everything else sounds pretty good,
especially for a live recording.  Alas, the rest of the set will
probably have to wait for tomorrow .....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson