HW: How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 26 14:34:01 EDT 2006

Colin Allen <colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote:    >Anyway, didn't you know that all of the live recordings that I made during >my time with the band were available for sale on my website at the time?;).

  No.  Were they really?  Is there some sarcastic humor embedded here I'm not grasping?  Seriously, were they really?

  Anyway, I've been lurking on this thread (well, not much discussion right now outside this thread, so) with some interest, and think Carl (& others) seems to have put together a hell of an argument for action on the part of the management team.  And that's coming from someone who is essentially in the same situation as Jill, in that I've downloaded about 10 mp3s in my life (all free), and don't have the faintest clue what FLAC is.  (It's not a duck?)  My home computer (a hand-me-down from over 10 years ago) is effectively an abacus, with no internet access (I'm at the library) because it would be pointless.  I keep telling myself that I'll by a state-of-the-art multi-media computer for myself to get caught up on all this online music (I could at least listen to Jerry's radio shows at A-I.com), but then I always think I'll wait until they're just one fraction 'better'.  I just really *hate* planned obsolescence, ie., knowing you're buying something that will be useless in
 two years.  So I put if off again and again.  But that's the nature of the game now...no avoiding it.

  So what I need is some incentive to force me to act, to get me off my Luddite ass and take advantage of all this stuff.  What Carl has outlined would be exactly that.  'Missing out' would suddenly become more than just tangible, but screamingly obvious.  Like I'm already feeling totally left out because I can't even listen to the streaming Roadburn set, let alone figure out all the instructions for saving a hard copy.  And if there were *lots* of shows being offered on a pay-to-download (I have a PayPal account, even a seller's account through Ebay, so I'm good there) coming straight from Hawkwind the band to me, with the money going straight back the other way, I'd buy a computer tomorrow.  Seriously.

  Do it.  Please.

  (/soapbox)

  Grakkl

  P.S. Orange Goblin last night here in Columbus...my ears still hurt.  Cool song selection...Solarisphere, Blue Snow, Quincy, Scorpionica, Hot Magic/Red Planet...older tracks I didn't expect really.