OFF: Orange Goblin

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue May 30 05:56:24 EDT 2006

On 30/05/2006 10:45, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> The last report I heard of Orange Goblin was that they'd lost
> Chris Butler the drummer, and what with him gone and only one guitarist
> they'd basically become a pub band with a big following. Do you reckon
> they've still got something special after all?

My skepticism has been allied with Jon's here.  Much though I dig
power-trios, I don't see Orange Goblin working that way.  I think they
they would do well with a keys player back again, at least, to keep some
_groove_ in the sound.  In fact, I think I'd recommend a keys player
over re-adding a second guitarist.

(Um, presumably they have a new drummer?)

> Jon (who would of course go and see them anyway if they were playing
> pubs rather more)

Well, if they were playing in a pub near me, any way :)  Mind you, they
were basically in a pub the last time I saw them, but that was 1998 or
something :)

Cheers,
Carl

--