HW: Tour thoughts from afar

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 1 20:06:47 EST 2006

Another addendum...

  Oh, I wanted to say that putting "Infinity" into the show reminded me of the very brief moment (1995 tour?) when "Micro Man" appeared in the set in Canada, with Brock singing.  As the song is from the same era and rather similar in nature, I can imagine how well it ("Infinity") might be working on this tour.  I only have a subpar audience recording of one of the two (?) shows MM was performed that year, which doesn't do it justice, but it was really quite magical with Brock's voice.  That's another gem I'd love to see return to the set.

  And...

  >I think it was Black Sabbath, Blondie, Sex Pistols, and two more that were not-at-all offensive (like the Bee Gees for instance).

  Um...what I mean here is that the Bee Gees *were* totally offensive, but these other two weren't.  (And I just looked them up...Lynyrd Skynyrd and Miles Davis.  So I was right...a pretty good 'five' for the first time ever.)

  Grakkl

  P.S.  I think the Stooges are another one of this year's HoF bands.  And I just saw somewhere that they are doing the reunion thing (why not?  Everybody else has.) with Iggy and the Ashetons participating, plus Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE) on "Broom."  Of course, Watt is, in addition to being a cool guy and a great musician (I loved fIREHOSE and was happy to see them in action here in Col's many moons ago), a big fan of BOC, as they played Red & Black all the time and maybe some other ones.  He's also a friend of Al B. natch.