BOC: Re: Um, wow!

Fri Nov 3 09:02:34 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:00:19PM -0500, David Kuznick typed out:
> Metallica covered Astronomy?  Last.fm recommendation radio has served its
> purpose for sure!
>
> That's a really nice version too!

	That album's the only Metallica I've listened to an enjoyed, and
demonstrates an alarmingly good taste in music on their parts. Shame
none of their songs interest me as much. I especially also recommend
their version of `So What' by, I think, The Misfits.

	This resulted in Bouchard Dunaway Smith, the one time I saw
them, announcing `Astronomy' as `a song that Metallica just covered',
and I'm still not sure whether that was a good thing or not. It was a
good gig though :-) Yours,
			   Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk