OFF: Dr Didg (was: Tour thoughts from afar...)

Fri Nov 3 11:04:17 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:14:52PM -0800, Keith Henderson typed out:

	<snip>

>   AnotherObCD: Dr. Didg (older discs on RykoDisc): either one - also a
>   potential gimmicky thing, with didg-samples/loops used as rhythm
>   tracks for pseudo-trancey world music/danceable rock.  But it's damn
>   good stuff too.  Nice guitar work.

	I saw them once, a long time ago (nearly ten years), and can
agree that actually they were pretty good. Far tighter than you'd expect
a didgeridoo-based band to be. An offshoot of Magic Mushroom Band I
believe?

>   P.S.  Nice to see the inevitable return of ChrMum to the list.  Must
>   be time for El Niño to come back too.

	I think my position here has to be "I love to talk, if there's
anything to talk about"...

>   P.P.S.  Where the hell did Doug Pearson go?  This side of the
>   Atlantic has been far too quiet in recent months.  I know, I'm
>   partly responsible for that (though I'm not responsible for being on
>   the wrong side of the Atlantic), but I just haven't been seeing too
>   many shows here in Cowtown/Buckeyeland.  Ozrics and Comets on Fire,
>   but they were months ago.

	If anyone *does* know where Doug Pearson is, I'd appreciate
hearing from him, actually.

	These days are good days for gigs in London and nearby; Litmus
on Sunday, Motorhead and Clutch in Cambridge on 16th, and, I have just
discovered, Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso UFO on the 19th
in London. It is, as I once saw on a banner at an Ozrics gig, "all good
mate". Yours,
	      Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk