HW: Review Haarlem, 03.11.2006

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Sat Nov 4 10:51:22 EST 2006

Hi

Yesterday (03.11.2006) Hawkwind played Haarlem, Patronaat (Netherlands)

No doubt that I had to be there.
Drove with Chris, Andreas and his wive to Haarlem. Arrived at 17:00h and had
plenty of time
for a small sightseeing in this wonderfull town.

Doors opened at 20:00h. We entered the venue and went straight to the
merchendise stall.
One new t-shirt and some other familiar stuff was available.

Hawkwind started at 21:35 and played 95 minutes
Here is the track listing (same as in UK)

intro / right stuff / psychedelic warlords / dogstar / orgone accumulator /
only dreaming /

orgone accumulator / paradox / robot / out here we are / greenback massacre
/

marine snow / lord of light / images / infinity / hassan i sahba / space is
their  /

hassan i sahba / spirit of the age / motorhead

RIGHT STUFF

A good version. Not very special. Interesting middle-part

PSYCHEDELIC WARLORDS

Played like in 2004

DOGSTAR

Instrumental intro to OA

ORGONE ACCUMULATER

Very fast and powerfull version. Dave sung it in a new style. Very good!

OG had in the middle part an instrumental version of "only dreaming"

PARADOX

Perfect performed. With 2 guitar solos

ROBOT

One of the highlights of the evening.

Dave started singing without guitar. In the 2nd part the song became very
heavy with a

great guitarsolo and later some superb guitar riffs.

Unfortunately Dave did not use his violine-bow on his guitar like he did
during the UK tour.

Richard performed the 2nd part on lead vocals. EXCELLENT !!

OUT HERE WE ARE

The well known instrumantal. Nothing new here. I hope they will drop this
song very soon

GREENBACK MASSACRE

I do not like this song, Therefore no comment here. Performed in the typical
Bedouin way

MARINE SNOW

Poem performed by Dave. Nice instrumental in background.

Good song to cool down

LORD OF LIGHT

One of my all time favorites.

Performed like in 2005. Very good !!

IMAGES

Wow! What a powerfull song. Richard is singing. A perfect replacement for
Brainstorm.

It really worked well. Very heavy guitar

INFINITY

This was the absolute highlight of the evening!!

Wonderfull vocals by Dave and a wonderfull guitar.

Superb electronic effects in the background. A perfect performed song. Thank
you Hawkwind !!

HASSAN / SPACE IS THEIR / HASSAN

Started and ended with the familiar riffs. Nothing special here.

But "space is their" was very long and very interesting.

Lots of stereo effects.

I wish Hawkwind would drop "Hassan" and play only "space is their"

End of main set

SPIRIT OF THE AGE

What can I say? Perfect as ever !!!

MOTORHEAD

Very heavy, very fast. Alan on vocals.

A good song to finish a gig

A great gig was over. Superb light show and great dancers in exceptional
colourful costumes.

The band on top form. Very relaxed and in friendly mood.

Time to drive home....

cheers

Bernhard