rollercoaster holiday

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sun Nov 5 16:34:38 EST 2006

I bought 'New World's Fair' when it came
review from Amazon.com:

I bought 'New World's Fair' when it came out on LP many years ago and
tracked it down when it finally emerged on CD. I have always loved
Moorcock's style of writing, whether with the Deep Fix, Hawkwind or the
other groups that he has worked with. What 'Rollercoaster Holiday' is,
is a chance to see how Moorcock and the Deep Fix put together 'New
World's Fair', with a selection of early version, rough mixes and even
some solo versions with just Moorcock and an acoustic guitar. High
points for me were the alternate versions of Song For Marlene (surely
the greatest song ever written about Shanghai Lil) and You're A Hero.
Like the title says, if you're a fan then this is a must have, and if
you're not, you might want to take a journey into themind of the man
who gave us Elric, Jerry Cornelius and all those other amazing
characters.
---

Christian