Xenon Codex

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Nov 7 10:30:27 EST 2006

I have everything by the punk Grisham/Morgon/Delauge/Greggors (same dude!) TSOL and am looking forward to the Joe Wood led band, "Change Today?" and "Strange Love" for instance, ordered from a very cool guy at Surf City in California... tell Robb Christian sent you if you order any stuff there!!! I  first heard "Dance With Me" in 1992 when I was living in NJ and thought "wow! this is what the USA sound like when they are punks" - i thought the closest thing to punk in USA at the time was G'n'R, FNM, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Nirvana....  I was only familiar with Sex Pistols/Clash/Damned etc. - the "classic" UK punk.. Though I was a HUGE Dead Kennedys fan, sister band of TSOL (same producer Thom Wilson)... and THE HAWKS. And every American "kid" liked RUSH or  GRATEFUL DEAD in the 90's ;)

Christian
NP: Metal Anarchy Radio Special

----- Original Message ----
From: gary shindler <bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Tuesday, 7 November, 2006 3:52:51 PM
Subject: Re: Xenon Codex

I liked early TSOL when they were in "Suburbia" but after that they tried to be some biker/metal band and it just seemed like second rate Crue or GNR.

Amphetamine Embalmer <superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote:  Yes! Excactly 100% METAL. Back when Hawkwind were some of the roughest chaos rockers I became a fan
when they also were so contemporary too. Like Guns N Roses or TSOL Hawkwind were HEAVY in the 80's:)
I was in awe because I had never heard heavy metal like that with synthesizers and such lush mythology
built around it. Made me a fan forever. I think Ron Tree was one of the strangest and coolest things to
happen to Hawkwind. I miss Ron! Stuff like Alchemy and Reptoid Vision... ah, it was glorious...

Christian

np: Tiamat