HW: Holmfirth and beyond

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Wed Nov 15 17:06:33 EST 2006

Just in case anyone is interested:  I've been doing some web browsing
(National Rail Enquiries and Traveline mostly) and was surprised at just how
accessible Holmfirth seems to be - much more so than I imagined!   A regular
and plentiful bus service from Huddersfield or you can get almost all the
way by train (at least as far as the appropriately named Brockholes and a 15
minute bus ride after that).   There's even public transport on Sundays!
In fact Yorkshire appears to have one of the most well organised transport
system in the country and so far I'm thoroughly impressed (though admittedly
not having travelled on it yet this could all change!).

But definitely worth making a trip into the country I think!

cheers
jill