OFF: Success!!!

Colin Allen colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Nov 17 08:34:48 EST 2006

No, I just find the idea of allowing the public to carry guns utterly absurd.  Given the incidents of road rage, supermarket rage, parking rage, bus queue rage etc, the idea that a large percentage of people are calm and considered enough to be trusted carrying a gun is absolutely ludicrous.

  Given your criteria for being allowed to carry a gun, that would enable all non-violent criminals to carry guns, as well as they typical boozed up lager lout.  I am sure that you would not want to live with the consequences of that;).

  Colin

M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
  Colin Allen writes:

> One might argue that anyone wishing to carry a concealed handgun has
> excluded themselves from being permitted to do so by reason of mental
> instability.

You're just worried by that "First we shoot all the lawyers..." quip.

FoFP