OFF: Lemmy in Cambridge newspaper

Wed Nov 29 16:53:49 EST 2006

	Dear all,
		  the weekend before Motorhead recently played
Cambridge, the local free weekly carried an article about the gig with
a brief interview with the man himself in it. I put it aside to
transcribe for the list, but unfortunately in a rather hazy patch
yesterday I recycled the thing. It was only short, but I do remember
being struck by the interviewer asking him whether he got fed up of
being recognised, and Lemmy replying along the lines of, "No, I like
being famous. Some people can't handle being famous but I've been famous
a long time now, I can deal with it. I can't really remember what it's
like not to be. I mean, I know intellectually that there was a time when
I wasn't in Motorhead, but I can't remember what it felt like."

	Few people combine down-to-earth straightforwardness and ego
like Lemmy :-) I did have a dig around the paper's website for the
article, but it turns that the article didn't run in the main paper,
only the free one, and that the free one isn't put online. However,
while searching, I did find this article on the man, partly, which just
shows terrible errors of taste...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/lifestyle/arts_music/news/2005/11/17/e2127bfc-3f67-4547-b98f-170ade42235b.lpf

	Yours,
		Jon

ObCassette: Pink Floyd - _Piper at the Gates of Dawn_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk