Recommendations on Expanding My Library

Rich W cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Tue Oct 3 20:07:58 EDT 2006

Mike Montfort wrote:
> No mention of Pierre Moerlin's Gong output?
>
> Time is the Key, Downwind are must haves.  Not as whacky  as "regular"
> Gong but unbelievably tight space/Rock/fusion
>
> Mike

They're just no Spacey Enough for me, I find them rather flat. Though
Pierre was an Excellent drummer, I saw him with Gong in Paris a few
years back.

A couple of other albums I would recommend you try:

'Stroking the Tail of the Bird' by Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth, and Harry
Williamson, which an excelent 'Chill' Gong solo album with beautiful
Glissando Guitar.

And on the Ozric Tentacles front:  'Spacelines' by Nodens Ictus, a
fabulous spin Ozrics spin off, very Spacey, and imho better than most of
the later Ozrics albums, if not better than everything since the early 90s.

Rich w