OFF: The Return of Omnia Opera

Tue Oct 10 09:59:09 EDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 07:12:17PM -0400, Jerry Kranitz typed out:
> [from Andy Jones]
>
> THE RETURN OF OMINIA OPERA!!!
>
> An Announcement by the Deep Secret Liquid underground
>
> "Calling all space bastards"
>
> Dear Friends, Associates & lobotomists
>
> To mark the 20th anniversary since "Omnia Opera's" first ever gig back in
> 1986. We are thrilled to announce the return to live performance of "The
> Omnia Opera." Included in this message is a hyperlink to an Omnia Opera web
> site that has been hastily knocked up to spread the word. Containing news,
> pictures, history, Gig info. So please do pay it a visit where all will be
> revealed to you.

	<snip>

> The Plasma Drives are getting hotter. we're counting down
> www.omniaopera.co.uk

	Thanks for passing that on, Jerry, it's the sort of news these
dark times need :-) For those that might have the albums of old but
haven't looked, the personnel changes appear to be that the backing
singers have been changed for a new set, and most importantly that the
original keyboardist is now being impersonated by Alf Hardy of Tubilah
Dog, Agents of Chaos, Paradogs and Earthlab. They've also added a second
guitarist so it must sound a bit different all things considered. I
don't suppose I shall make it to any gigs given where they're likely to
be playing so the real test for me will be if they manage to record and
release anything. Their previous two albums are still firm occasional
favourites in my collection. We'll see, I guess, yours,
							Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk