HW @ Cambridge (was Re: Northampton gig)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Oct 26 06:14:59 EDT 2006

On 26/10/2006 10:59, Steve Bishop wrote:
> I thought the set was brilliant and I love the back catalogue but my only concern would be that there doesn't appear to be any 'new' compositions getting an airing - is the band now just relaxed into playing a mixed set of their vast and wonderful historical archives or are the creative juices still flowing and we will still get some new tunes at some point ?

Yes, I think "Out Here We Are" could have easily been added in at almost
any point, and it would have been easy find a place for "Angela Android"
as well.  Otherwise, besides "Greenback Massacre" (and the "Space is
Their Palestine" bit, the most recent track was "Images"!

> Another quick q - Alan was drinking bottled water and also a small tumbler of a darker liquid - any idea what it was ? My mate Yeti and I had a discussion as to whether it was rum or some form of throat medication to keep the vocal chords sweet !!!!

It came out of some squattish squarish bottle with a label on it --
definitely a bottle of off-licensey vibe rather than chemisty vibe :)

> Quality evening though and good to meet Carl .........

Likewise! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--