Northampton gig

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Oct 26 09:24:41 EDT 2006

On 26/10/2006 12:58, Arin Komins wrote:
> Sounds good!  I'm leaving for the UK tomorrow, and I hope (pray!) that
> Infinity is still in the set when I get to Wolverhampton.....it's one of
> my all-time favorites!

"Infinity" was very, very nice.  It was an excellent example of a
Hawkwind track that manages to be soft and floaty, yet rock, without
disappearing into consciously modernist electronica.

I quite hope they keep "Images" in the set, too!  I had just been saying
to John before the gig how it was one of my fave "lost" Hawkwind tracks,
and my favorite studio track from _Space Bandits_ (though the live
versions of "Out of the Shadows" tend towards the awesome): it's got
straight-up blanga, and some ambienty bits, some metalish power chording
riffing, and a good vocal melody to boot.  I was very (pleasantly)
surprised to then hear it in the gig!

They've got a few tricks up left their sleeve, the Hawks do ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson