HW: Dave Brock the lyricist

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Oct 31 07:43:57 EST 2006

Daves best lyrics with HW, IMO, are 2 songs: "Trans-Dimensional Man" and "Living On A Knife Edge" on the Sonic Attack (RCA 1981) album which overall equals Calverts PXR5 and Quark, S&C and the Brock/Calvert Hawklords 25 Years quality wise, compared to the slightly lacklustre effort CYM (RCA 1982) on and with "Free Fall" and "The Only Ones" lyrically, and the Hawklords album in general, is IMHO probably the best effort from that pair of smart anarcho-projects field of test-tubing archangels on various chemichals and making the lonely ones flutter off as Free From Their Destiny. But, back to TDM and LOAKE on SA: the first one is very mystical  and occult-ishand the second demonstates some very anarchistic thinking. The above albums made me the dandy old boy i am, and not the gross caricature of a psychiatric charlatan i have been made out to be by this list. By george, Hawkwind breed thinkers, not sinkers and stinkers!!! At  least I hope not.

lest we dare discuss these grave matters,

Christian

NP: Madonna & Guns'n'Roses mix CD: Haaaardcore!!!