OFF: waterfalls in space gig in exeter

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Thu Sep 7 16:54:29 EDT 2006

Just back and dodging round bits of kitchen unit scattered throughout the
house.   Upgrading the kitchen seems like a nice idea until it is actually
happening 8-(

> Arin Komins writes:
>
>> For those of you who went to Exeter for the waterfalls in space gig...how
>> was it?
>

> M Holmes writes:
> They followed this by
> allowing Cyndee onstage and played something that sounded very Gonglike
> that I didn't recognise

'Selene, Spirit of the Moon'.   It can sound quite haunting and ethereal but
needed a rather more delicate touch than it was given on this occasion.
Not the best track of the evening but overall it was indeed an excellent
show and well worth the journey down.    Jean Phillippe added extra layers
and depth to the sound and when they were playing keyboards together Jean
Phillippe was able to interweave his melodies through Tim Blake's themes and
created a gorgeous, surprisingly full sound but there wasn't nearly enough
of it and it didn't go on nearly long enough!     I was entirely
stunned/mesmerised by the beauty of it - dancing quite happily around the
place - most people were - and though it was a small audience there was no
doubt at all about their appreciation.   They made enough noise at the end
for twice as many!

The two morons started off in front of me but then thankfully moved away.
They were surprisingly young, but had clearly heard Tim Blake playing
before, perhaps several times, but they were very, very drunk (or something
equivalent) and though obviously enjoying every minute this seemed to take
the form of relating this fact to each other very loudly at distressingly
regular intervals.

But apart from that it was a thoroughly satisfactory and emotionally
relaxing evening and I felt entirely content afterwards which doesn't often
happen after a gig.    And to anyone who missed it - my sympathies - you
missed a good one.

Good luck to Tim in the coming months and my good wishes and support for
whatever lies ahead.

jill