HW/OFF: Aural Innovations August 2006 Issue Online Now!!!

EliPXR5 at AOL.COM EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 20 19:46:25 EDT 2006

Hi Jon. I had the pleasure of conducting three of the interviews you
referenced in your e-mail regarding the new issue of Aural-Innovations. Those are the
ones with Dave Brock, Nick Saloman, and Mr. Dibs. They were all done via
e-mail. I was very grateful that all three of these artists took the time out to
participate in these interviews. In fairness to
Dave Brock, I must mention that I had been given an opportunity by Hawkwind's
manager Kris Tait, to conduct a face-on interview while in Holland, which I
had to decline owing to illness at the time. (Yeah...still kicking myself.) And
so Dave was nice enough to help me by doing his interview online after I
returned to the states, owing to my inability to meet him for the real chat that
we had previously arranged. My thanks go out to all the artists involved for
taking some time for "just us fans" to do these interviews. Yours, Eli Friedman

In a message dated 9/20/06 3:30:42 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

<< > The August 2006 issue of Aural Innovations includes:

    ... a whole host of worthwhile things as ever, but some of them
made me think.

> Don Falcone interview
> Dave Brock interview

    It's a startling comparison between styles there, isn't it. The
Captain has rarely seemed so unhappy with having to answer questions,
whereas Don goes on for paragraphs. Were these e-mail interviews or
actually done in person? I'd have had trouble remaining polite with Mr
Brock given how uninformative some of those answers are.

> Bevis Frond interview

    I'd wondered why the Frond was so quiet and now I know. Poor old
Nick :-(

> Spacehead interview

    I'm always kind of startled by just how big a Hawkwind fanboy
Dibs still is. It's kind of endearing, given how jaded lots of others
who've been that close to the band for that long seem to have got.