OFF: Litmus in Hitchin (correction!)

Mon Apr 2 09:22:22 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:36:22PM +0100, jjarrett typed out:

	<snip>

> 	Huw was looking fitter and happier than I can remember seeing
> him since 1997 or thereabouts, but was I thought a bit slapdash in his
> playing; lost of noise and fury but a mite more precision would probably
> have made for better music. He was mainly entertaining for his banter
> with the audience, and I've seen him better than this, but the way he
> looked and acted makes it look likely that I will again too, so that's
> cool. His setlist was:
>
> Cardboard City
> Tears of a Clown (this one really doesn't work if you aren't going to
> 	bother with the oompah-oompah rhythm, or indeed any rhythm at all)

	That should be `Death of a Clown', as in the Kinks song. There
must be too much blood in my caffeine-stream.

	<snip rest>

	Yours,
	      Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk