Documentary - AI

Ian Abrahams ianabrahams1 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Apr 2 12:57:16 EDT 2007

What is this mystical AI I hear you ask ....

  "Audience Appreciation Index" - a measure of how well liked a programme was amongst the people who watched it.

  Hawkwind - Do Not Panic, AI figure was 82 which is a very respectable figure indeed (note, this is not a % figure, though it's compiled from an audience cross section marking out of ten and then grossed up - don't ask me what the difference is though).

  Have to say, I don't know how documentaries are supposed to score, and minority interest programmes (don't shot the messanger!) tend to score highly because of the concentrated audience. But generally 82 is a very good score as I understand it.

  Doctor Who on Saturday got 88 though!

  Ian